Support Libertarian Authors!
- Senator Warren suggests that if she becomes president she may make Israeli aid conditional on stopping building settlements in the West Bank. [Link]
- Secretary of Energy Rick Perry resigns. Trump nominates Dan Brouillette to replace Perry.
- Three US soldiers were killed in a training accident. [Link]
- US Warships are being built over budget and years beyond the initial project completion date. Even when ships are finished, they often have critical issues that keep them from being ready for combat. [Link]
- The US imposed sanctions against Cuba for human rights violations and support for Venezuela. The sanctions target Cuba’s access to commercial airlines. [Link]
- At least three people have died during protests and riots in Chile. The three deaths are reported to have come in a supermarket arson fire. Police are reported to have shot two protesters. [Link]
- September. [Link]
- 62 people were killed in the bombing of a mosque. No group has claimed responsibility for the attack. [Link]
- Secretary of State Mark Esper traveled in Afghanistan in an effort to restart talks with the Taliban. Esper said the US could cut troop levels to 8,600 without impacting counter-terror operations. An administration official said people in the administration did not realize Trump maybe serious about pulling troops out of Afghanistan until he withdrew troops from Syria. [Link]
- Lebanon’s prime minister says a deal has been reached for economic reforms. Protesters have been gathered in Lebanon demanding reforms. [Link]
- Jared Kushner will travel to Israel at the end of the month to meet with Netanyahu and his main political challenger, Gantz. [Link]
- Israeli forces shot a Palestinian dead in the West Bank. The man ran at the soldiers with a knife. [Link]
- All US troops withdrawing from Syria will go to western Iraq for anti-Islamic State operations. [Link]
- Trump may keep 200 US soldiers in esastern Syria for anti-Ismalic State operations and to prevent Assad from reclaiming Syrian oil fields. [Link]
- Erdogan says if all Kurdish forces are not out of the agreed upon safe zone by Tuesday evening, Turkey will resume the invasion of Syria. [Link]
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!