Criminal justice reform is a hot button issue. With increased political and media attention on police accountability, the time is now to fight for citizens rights against an increasingly militaristic law enforcement system. Importantly, qualified immunity is a legal protection granted to police that protects them from civil lawsuits and justice. The American people have lost faith that they can find justice against criminal police officers. Justice reform is needed.
- In June of 2020, the state of Colorado ended qualified immunity
- Virginia and Aurora, Colorado have banned no knock raids
- Vermont banned use of facial recognition technology
- Maryland banned the use of Stingray Technology
- Police kill approximately 1,000 people per year